SEND (Special Education Needs and Disability)
Our Learning Support Department aims to ensure that all children should have access to an appropriate education that allows them to achieve their personal potential. Statemented students are allotted SEN (Special Educational Needs) learning support assistants and specialist teachers to meet the requirement and provision of their statements.
- Identify students with special educational needs and disabilities and ensure that their needs are met.
- Ensure that students with special educational needs and disabilities are able to join in with all the activities of the college.
- Ensure that all learners make the best possible progress.
- Identify any students with developing or more serious SEN as soon as possible and move them onto an appropriate state of intervention.
- Ensure that parents are informed of their child’s special needs and that there is effective communication between parents and college.
- Through our programme of assessment and record-keeping, evaluate and track student’s progress through numeracy, literacy and emotional wellbeing.
- Ensure that learners express their views and are fully involved in decisions that affect their education.
- Liaise with the appropriate outside agencies which include the school nurse, educational psychologist, speech and language therapists etc.